Director of Innovation and Course Leader
The convergence and impact of: eXtended Realities, Blockchain, Artificial Intelligence, Non-Fungible Tokens and Web3. Created and delivered by Dr. Odilia Coi, Director of Innovation at MKAI.org
– Module I: Blockchain We discover and understand how a blockchain works and use cases including cryptocurrencies that power applications, platforms and whole virtual worlds.
– Module II: Dapps and Token Economy We continue our journey on Blockchain use cases, focusing on Dapps, token economy and the opportunities unlocked by Initial Coin Offering (ICO) through case studies and examples.
– Module III: NFTs We discover and understand what makes NFTs unique and their disruptive use cases. We discover together the process to create an NFT and where you can buy/ sell it.
– Module IV: The Metaverse part I We define together the Metaverse and give many examples of existing ones. We explore the Metaverse markets numbers, use cases, leading players and investors. We set up a Metamask wallet and explore the Decentraland world to practically introduce and understand tokens and NFTs.
– Module V: The Metaverse part II We introduce the concept of Virtual and Augmented realities. We understand that immersive reality raises concerns about digital identity, safety and fairness in the Metaverse. We will create an avatar and explore the immersive reality of the Spatial Metaverse.
– Module VI: Web 3 part I We picture the landscape of Web 3 as a convergence of the previously explored concepts and technology. We view the leading players and critics. We compare and understand the difference between Web 1 and Web 2. What can you do on Web 3?
– Module VII: Web 3 part II We will explore further the Web 3 landscape. We will try to figure out what Web 3 will look like in 10 years and what technical and ethical problems need to be solved before jumping into it.
– Over 37 lectures and 16 hours of content!
– Testing Included
– Information packed practical training starting from basics to more advanced
– Best suited to beginners to advance your knowledge and comprehension
– Course content designed by considering current trends and technology convergence
Dr. Odilia Coi
Director of Innovation and Course Leader – Visiting Professor, IEEE XR Council Member, XR Safety Coordinator and Senior Technology Advisor to the United Nations.
Chair and Course Co-Ordinator – Author, Executive Director of the Centre for Digital Trust, UN Advisor and visiting lecturer.
“This course is very helpful to understand what technologies are influencing different sectors, with retail being the focus for me. I learned practical examples and better understood the different technologies and how they compliment each other. Overall, very useful and I am happy to be on this course. It’s a high-quality course and a strong base to get the latest on the newest technology in the IT sector.” – Francesca Brozzoni
“My experience of this course was one to remember, each class was a learning experience with some challenges, some examples where trying to comprehend the different between proof of work vs proof of stake, or even the blockchain, with little things like nodes being the primary function of the software. All broken down with great explanations and with that I was able to understand in great depth. Being a part of this course has helped me tremendously with the fundamentals of blockchain and how it’s being used and how far it’s potential will go for the coming years.” – Reuben Saba
Most of the content of the Metaverse and Web3 course was new knowledge for me. It pushed me out of my comfort zone and sometimes made me think outside the box. I loved the presentation and the quizzes and the explanations were super helpful and the sessions had a great sense of humour. The questions/ comments made by others made us think and made the sessions more engaging. So grateful to be a part of this course and for the opportunity to learn from the guest speakers/ experts in the field! Thank you very much for everything! – Afsha Hossain
I learnt a great deal in my Metaverse course. I was taken through the fundamentals surrounding data and how important it is for it to be secure. The structure was well designed and the pace just right. The enthusiasm shown by everyone behind this course was a reason why I completed to the end. I would highly recommend this study to anyone with an interest in possible futures. – Chris Ighodaro