Digital and Sustainability Convergence: exploring innovative approaches to balancing environmental stewardship and economic prosperity
The clock is ticking, and it’s time for corporations to take bold action towards sustainability. The world demands it, and the future of our planet depends on it. But is it possible for businesses to prioritise sustainability and still maintain profitability? Join us at the MKAI March Inclusive Forum for an open and honest online panel discussion as we challenge conventional wisdom and examine the tough questions on the road to a greener future.
At this Inclusive Forum, we will examine the following:
- Can corporations truly have their cake and eat it too – balancing profits and sustainability?
- Are current sustainability efforts by companies mere greenwashing, or real systemic change?
- Can corporations drive real change and lead the charge towards a sustainable future, or are they part of the problem?
If we find that change is happening too slowly among global corporations, it raises the question: is environmental sustainability not good for business, or is it good for business but companies are prevented from realising its long-term benefits due to their short-term mindset?
Following the big questions, we will dive into key topics in detail with our expert panel and explore the concepts of; open data, changes to consumer behaviour, e-waste & the transition to the circular economy, along with capacity building and new business models.
- To bring together industry leaders and experts to share their experiences and insights on sustainable business transformation.
- To provide a platform for attendees to engage in open and honest discussions on the challenges and opportunities of sustainable business practices.
- To challenge conventional wisdom and examine the tough questions related to balancing profitability and sustainability.
- To provide attendees with a better understanding of the current state of sustainable business practices and their impact on the planet.
- To identify and explore innovative approaches to sustainable business transformation.
- To encourage attendees to take bold action towards sustainability in their own businesses and contribute to the overall goal of creating a greener future.
- To foster networking and collaboration opportunities among attendees from various industries and backgrounds.
MKAI Forums are designed with inclusivity in mind and we strive to be accessible to participants of all backgrounds and levels of technical knowledge. Our goal is to create a welcoming and engaging environment where everyone can contribute, learn, and grow together.
- David Jensen (Co-Moderator) – Coordinator of the UNEP Digital Transformation Programme and Co-champion of the Coalition for Digital Environmental Sustainability (CODES)
- Jaisal Surana (Co-Moderator) – MKAI XR & AI Safety Lead
- Franziska-Juliette Klebôn – Data & AI Lead Microsoft Switzerland
- Sofie Terp Clausen – Digitalisation Coordinator at the One Planet Network, UN Environment Programme
- Kees Baldé – Senior Scientific Specialist at the United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR)
- Lorenzo Massa – Professor at Aalborg University Business School
- Gerry Copitch (Host) – MKAI Development Director
- Richard Foster-Fletcher (Host and Co-Moderator) – Executive Chair, MKAI